In 1998 I was amongst the inaugural intake of students into the Certificate of Celebrant Studies, which was the first celebrant training programme in the world for civil celebrants. I had such a sense of home coming to the work and to the people I met there. Many of whom are still close friends and colleagues.
The training enabled me to take on new ceremonies with new clients with confidence. The years have passed by and I have built on that initial learning, growing my practice as a Celebrant.
In addition, I am a Lecturer with The Celebrant School, teaching three of the five modules; Marriage & Civil Union, Funerals and Transitions through Change & Crisis
I offer myself as a lecturer for The Celebrant School from a place of deep awareness of the privilege of being a Celebrant. And I know from personal experience the role that training and ongoing professional development makes to the quality of my care for clients.
So … if you are:
- new to celebrancy and looking for celebrant training
- recently appointed as an independent marriage celebrant by BDMCAT (Dept of Internal Affairs)
- an existing celebrant wanting to enhance your practice
- a new celebrant with the desire to feel informed and confident about what you offer the public
- interested in the art of ceremony for yourself, your family and community
I recommend that you join students from all these avenues and learn with The Celebrant School. It is a great place to learn, to be with other like minded people and step into a meaningful role.